There’s nothing better than a ice cold chocolate milkshake after a tough workout- am I right? If you’re nodding in agreement then I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Full of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, this shake will help you recover and keep you going until your next meal.
For this shake I tried a new protein powder from the guys over at Whey Ahead. Whey Aheads proteins are certified organic and from grass-fed cows & raw superfood rather than artificial ingredients.
You can tell that the protein is a higher quality as it doesn’t have that over processed, highly sweetened taste that most other bog standard protein shakes have. Instead the flavouring is much more subtle making them ideal for use in smoothies and other recipes.
For the below recipe I used Whey Aheads Peruvian Chocolate protein powder which is full of seriously nutritious superfoods such as lucuma, cacao and carob powder – a pretty impressive list if you ask me.
So, what do I need?
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein
- 1 tbsp maca (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 2 heaped tsp cacao powder
- dash of vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
What do I do?
- Throw all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until fully combined
- Pour into your favourite glass, sprinkle with some cacao nibs, add a straw or two and you’re good to go!