Simple Protein Mug Cake
Sorry I’ve been missing in action lately guys. I’ve been working very long days with my job and have been away from home quite a lot but I’m back now and after wrapping up on the Christmas TV programme I have been helping to make I am definitely in the festive spirit! I have a day off tomorrow and can’t wait to hit the gym, get started on my Christmas shopping and most of all get busy decorating my tree.
As the Christmas holidays draw near, so do the temptations to eat your body weight in chocolate… whilst I won’t be shying away from all the treats, I will be trying to keep a hold of myself and not go to overboard (except on Christmas day when we all know calories don’t count!). So last night I decided to try out a simple mug cake with as little ingredients as possible. It was lovely and gooey (as long as you don’t cook too long) and went perfectly with a couple of tablespoons of Greek yoghurt.
So to make your Gooey Mug Cake, you simple need…
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition in Rich Chocolate)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sweetener (I used stevia)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp milk / almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add your egg and milk
- Mix until all bumps disappear
- Add a good dollop of peanut butter into the mug
- Heat in a microwave for 1 minute, keeping an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t overflow (if it does you can just push the mixture down)
- Turn your mug upside down onto a plate and garnish! (I used strawberries and later on a dollop of Greek Yoghurt)
You could also maybe make a Quark or yoghurt frosting with a little added sweetener and vanilla essence. I haven’t tried this yet but after just thinking of it, I 100% will be doing so!!!
Happy fake baking!!!