Christmas is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! I’ve already made a start on the Christmas nuts and baking, and to top it all off I just won a competition with Raw Health to win lots of yummy chocolate!
Christmas actually started early for us this year. As I’m now a proper grown up – or as near to one as I can be – myself and my husband take it in turns to visit our families each year, this year we are staying up North with my family so we ventured down South last weekend for a pre Christmas, Christmas.
It was full of mulled wine, minced pies, roast dinners, scrabble, dogs, gifts and most importantly family! To top it off my mother in law even made one of my blog recipes which tasted fantastic (possibly even better than mine but shhhh…)
As you can see, this wasn’t necessarily the healthiest of weekends but as the December social calendar hots up, I tend to be a bit more relaxed. That said, I do try to keep my day to day meals healthy and as clean as possible and still love making some delicious Paleo treats along the way.
My top 3 treats to eat around Christmas are…
- Ginger cookies
- Christmas pud
and obviously copious amounts of chocolate – but I’m sure that’s the same all year round!!!
Which leads me on to my latest kitchen creation… I bring to you my chocolate marbled Christmassy cookies… I finally made Paleo cookies that crunch and I am in heaven!!!
You will need:
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour (or Ground Almonds)
- 2tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- pinch salt
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- Sieve Ground Almonds, Tapioca flour, Coconut flour, spices & Baking soda
- Add Coconut Oil, maple syrup, and vanilla essence.
- Add pinch salt.
- Hand mix well and bring together in a ball
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture in between 2 pieces of cling film and rest in the fridge for 10-20 mins to firm
- Preheat oven to 175°c (350)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Remove dough from fridge, take off the cling film and cut into cookies (I used festive cookie cutters but you could just use a mason jar lid)
- Bake on the parchment paper for 10 mins (keep an eye on them as they may burn)
- Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack
- Melt Dark Chocolate and drizzle over the biscuits
- Et Voila
I even managed to get the hubby involved with the decorating (I say involved, he kinda took over!)
I hope you all give these a try as they truly are delicious – I even took some into my Crossfit box and they were ‘cleaned’ up in seconds!
Let me know what your favourite Christmas treats are – whether they be paleo, clean or just down right dirty – and as always, leave a comment or send me a pic if you make these cookies or any of my other recipes.
Remember – you can follow me on IG: @mybigfitdiary_ or twitter @mybigfitdiary
Happy baking and Merry Christmas!