One of my favourite treats growing up had to be a box (yes a whole box) of Jaffa Cakes. I would take two returning the box to the cupboard, realise this simply wasn’t enough, go back for another two etc. etc. you know how it goes. Not only were they super delicious, they were also fun to eat. I love any food that comes in layers that can be peeled away bit by bit.
So, As I’m off on holiday next week I wanted a tasty healthy treat to see me through and I instantly thought of recreating the Jaffa! With just 4 ingredients it’s incredibly easy to make, won’t break your diet and tastes oh so gooooooood!
For the Jaffa Balls you will need:
(Makes 9 medium sized balls)
- 1 Cup Hazelnuts (You could use any nuts or even a mixture)
- 1.5 cups dates
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa or Cacao powder (plus more for dusting)
- 1 Small orange (All zest, ½ of the juice)
- Blend the Hazelnuts and dates together until they start to form a ball.
- Add the Cocoa along with the orange zest and juice, blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into balls and dust in some more cocoa powder.
What were you favourite treats as a child?