Breakfast can often be one of the most difficult meals of the day – either we can’t find the time or struggle to come up with new, healthy ideas – so it’s refreshing to be able to indulge in some heart warming early breakfasts at the weekend.
I normally always opt for some sort of hot meal at the weekend shunning my weekday Chia Puddings and Rawnola and opting for some eggs. Last weekend a fellow Crossfitter was sat tucking into her breakfast post workout and I couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous. After asking what was in the dish I rushed to the supermarket, picked up some ingredients and preceded to make my own and the result was simply delicious.
So if you have some extra time this weekend I urge you to give this recipe a go, you won’t be disappointed!
Smoked mackerel, leek and dill scramble
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets
- 1 leek
- 6 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 large eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt oil in a non-stick pan
- Add sliced leek and cook for 3mins before adding your cherry tomatoes
- Flake in your mackerel and cook for 5mins or until heated throughout
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with paprika and season with salt & pepper
- Add eggs to pan and continue mixing until scrambled
- Top with some chopped dill
I paired mine with half an avocado, sprinkled with chilli flakes. This recipe is ideal as breakfast or brunch but can really be eaten at any time of the day.
Enjoy your weekend lie in…