It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of meal prep. An hour or so twice a week saves hours in the kitchen each night (a godsend after a hard days work followed by training) and helps us avoid a trip to the dark side (also known as the dreaded microwave meal).
Though not only do I like to save time each day making my meals, I also want to save time on my meal prep. That’s why, quick simple recipes that are economic and delicious are always a winner.
Sweet Potato and Kale are great winter veggies and can be bought for around a pound for a bag of each (UK). And, even better, they are usually on offer all year round.
A frittata is quite similar to an omelette, although it’s a lot thicker and you can generally pour the egg mixture into your pan and leave it until it’s done… sounds simple right.
So what do you need to do…?
- 1 tbsp oil (olive or coconut)
- 1 small onion
- 2 sweet potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 2 large handfuls Kale
- Splash water or milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet to a medium heat
- Reduce heat and add onion, sweet potato & spices and cook until potato is softened (about 15mins)
- Add Kale and wilt
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add splash of milk/water, season and whisk
- Add egg mixture to the pan making sure all filling is covered
- Leave to cook until set (around 10mins)
- Remove from pan and slice
- Make sure you use a non stick pan
- You could also add your favourite cheese, cheddar, goats cheese or feta would work well